INGREDIENTS (2 – 3 servings):
- 1 US cup long grain rice, I used jasmine rice
- 1 US cup filtered water
- 100g yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Rinse rice in a medium sized sauce pan until water runs clear – approximately 3 to 4 rinses.
- Add turmeric powder and salt onto the rice. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add diced onion. Mix.
- Add 1 cup water. Mix. Bring water to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After 10 mins, turn heat off and let rice rest for another 5 mins.
- Use a fork to fluff the rice.
- Rice is now ready to serve.
Time saving tips:
- You can freeze 1/2 or 1 cup portions of the cooled turmeric rice by placing it on cling wrap. The wrap it into a square. Be careful not to let the cling wrap go between the rice. Freeze it up to 3 months. Next time you feel like having turmeric rice, just unwrap the frozen rice and put it in a bowl. Cover with paper towel and microwave it for 1 minute