INGREDIENTS (1 serving):
- 2 cups boiling water [455 mL]
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat flakes [65g]
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, I used oat milk [118 mL]
- organic maple syrup to taste
- optional: fruit – i.e. frozen blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 375F/190C.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread raw buckwheat flakes evenly on the parchment paper.
- Bake 4 mins in pre-heated oven. Remove and let it cool.
*cooking time may vary due to oven differences. Generally shouldn’t be more than 4 mins. If you smell something toasting, remove immediately and let cool.
- In a small saucepan, add boiling water and buckwheat flakes.
- Simmer and stir occasionally for about 8 mins.
- Add non-dairy milk. Stir.
- Add maple syrup to taste. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Ready to serve – as it is or with your favorite fruits!
- Pre-toast 2-3 servings of raw buckwheat flakes in advance. Store it in an air tight container in the fridge. That way when you feel like having the porridge you can skip the toasting part. Great for rushed mornings.