✅ gluten-free ✅ low-calorie ✅ low histamine
Sometimes, simplicity is fulfilling. Pollack is one of the few fishes that contains low levels of histamine. If you can’t find pollock, you could use cod fish fillets as well.
INGREDIENTS (1 serving):
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 frozen pollock fillet
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, thin strips
- 1/2 cup freshly cooked or frozen rice*
- 1/4 cup green onion slices
- salt to taste
- Optional: 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
*the one in the photo consisted of 50% jasmine rice, 40% japanese brown rice and 20% red quinoa.
1. Add ginger strips and water to a pot. Bring to a boil.
2. Rinse frozen pollock fillet. Add the whole fillet to the pot of boiling water.
//Don’t cut the fillet as they would disintegrate while being cooked.
3. Remove scum.
4. Add rice.
5. Simmer over medium heat until desired consistency. Add more water if necessary, as the congee will soak up the water and expand.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Garnish generously with green onion slices.
8. Ready to serve with steamed vegetables.