✅ gluten-free ✅ soy-free ✅ easy
Made this today. For some reason the pork roast recipes online look “dry”. So I took an experimental stab to try making it on my own.
If you have or know off a really juicy and delicious pork roast recipe, please do share with me!
P. S. you will need bakers twine for this – sometimes if you are in luck the meat department of your local grocery store may give you some if you ask them where can you find bakers twine!
P. P. S. If you don’t want to butterfly cut the pork – you dont have to! Just put the dry rub and other ingredients on the roast it self!
INGREDIENTS (2 – 3 servings):
- ~1kg pork rib roast, boneless
- 5 russet potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 1 to 2 carrots, peeled & cut half length-wise
- 1 onion, cut half
- 2 strips of bacon
- 10 cloves garlic, skin on & tips cut
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard, grainy type
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp basalmic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup water
- additional kosher salt
- Take your pork roast, and using a knife, do a butterfly cut length wise until it becomes a large flat piece of pork when you open it up. See photo below. DO NOT CUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH 🙂
- Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper all over this surface area of the pork.
- Then rub dijon mustard over it.
- Then sprinkle dried sage, dried rosemary and dried parsley.
- Then place dried cranberries and the peeled garlic cloves over it.
- Now starting from the non fatty side of the meat, we are going to roll the meat tightly to the end as shown as the photo below.
- Wrap the top of the rolled up pork with bacon.
- Using bakers twine, tie it as shown in the photo below.
- Sprinkle garlic powder on the top
- Glaze a fry pan with avocado oil over high heat. Sear all sides of the pork roast.
- Add olive oil on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Glaze the potatoes, carrots and onion pieces in this olive oil.
- Transfer seared pork roast onto the baking sheet.
- Drizzle basalmic vinegar on the top of the roast. (See photo below)
- From the side, add in water – this helps the veges cook. Dont pour it over the pork roast.
- And bake it at 400F for 30 mins in a preheated oven. I recommend using a food thermometer.
- Then reduce heat to 375 and bake it for another 30 mins or until internal temperature of the pork roast reaches 145F/62C.
- To finish it off, broil at 500F for 2 mins or until the roast is slightly charred.
- Remove bakers twine & ready to serve!