INGREDIENTS (3 – 4 servings):
🥣 900g sliced pork belly or pork butt
🥣 60g fresh peeled ginger, grated
🥣 30g fresh peeled ginger, sliced
🥣 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
🥣 3 stalks green onion, sliced into rounds
🥣 1/4 cup water
🥣 3 tbsp gluten free soysauce or tamari
🥣 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
🥣 2 tbsp rice cooking wine or sake
🥣 1 tsp avocado oil
🥣 1 tsp corn starch
🥣 1/4 tsp baking soda (I use aluminum free)
🥣 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
🥣 optional: pinch of black and white sesame seeds
- In a glass bowl, add pork belly slices.
- Then add, rice wine, soysauce, maple syrup, white pepper, corn starch and baking soda onto the pork belly. Ensure ingredients are well and evenly incorporated into the meat like a marinate.
- In a wok, add 1 tsp avocado oil. High heat.
- Add pork belly and ginger slices. Stir fry over medium high heat. Until cooked.
- Place pork belly onto a plate.
- Add sliced onions into the same wok. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Re-add the pork belly into the wok. Add the grated ginger, its juice and 1/4 cup water.
- Bring the liquid to.a boil and simmer for 10-15 mins.
- When it’s done sprinkle green onion slices & sesame seeds.
- Ready to serve with japanese rice & a side of shredded cabbage🙂