I have made these gluten free, egg free and soy free meatballs with ground pork, chicken and turkey and it tastes pretty good in asian style soups or with noodles. They are so easy – try it out and let me know how you had them! Or share a pic on Instagram and tag @sensitiveskinlifestyle
INGREDIENTS (~ 18 meat balls):
- 600g ground chicken/pork/turkey
- 80g finely minced nappa cabbage leaves, approx. 2 leaves
- 12g finely minced green onion
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Using clean hands or gloves, break meat up with finger tips until ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Shape the meat paste to form 1 inch sized meat balls – see photo B below.
- Add meat balls into a pot of boiling water (slightly salted). Boil 15 mins or until meat balls float to the top.
- Remove scum.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove from water.
- Ready for use in soups or noodles – OR let them cool and freeze in zip lock bags for later use.