I’m so stoked – was craving for Black Sesame Flavored milk last night & wondered if I could make it by just blending Roasted Black Sesame & Water. I tried it out this morning and was absolutely satisfied. #scrolldownforrecipe
Try it out – I hope you enjoy it!
P.S. For those of you that one a more palatable & creamier taste, feel free to substitute water (used for blending) with milk or your favourite plant mylk. Before my current temporary elimination of soy, I used to blend this with soy milk & it was delicious.
INGREDIENTS (makes ~1.5 cups of milk):
- 1/4 cup roasted black sesame seeds
- Filtered water, for soaking
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place sesame seeds in a bowl, and soak it in filtered water. Cling wrap or cover the bowl and soak it overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day, take the soaked sesame seeds and rinse it through a strainer.
- Place these sesame seeds in a bowl, and add hot water to it. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the sesame seeds with the same water into a blender.
- Top the blender with maple syrup, kosher salt and another cup of filtered water.
- Blend for 1 – 2 minutes until smooth. Ready to serve!