*not a sponsored post – I purchased everything with my own money.
Stumbled upon this new PC product – Raspberry & Yogurt Popcorn Bar. Was enticed at first sight because its like:
- A white chocolate raspberry flavor except its yogurt not chocolate – sounds ‘healthy-ish’
- Looks like a granola bar but NOT – it’s made of popcorn!
I couldn’t find its ingredients list online. So there it is:
TASTE TEST (initial reactions):
- Tastes like white chocolate raspberry but not as sweet — a bonus
- No guilty heavy after-feeling unlike a chocolate bar, fills me up like a Kit Kat bar but with half the calories + satisfies my cravings
- I like the popcorn base a lot. It’s not crispy but chewy – and love the fact it doesn’t taste like a granola bar – granolar bars are too “healthy tasting”, despite the fact its loaded with sugars.
- Unlike the chocolate bar effect, it doesn’t make me want to reach out for another bar after mindfully eating it.
- Cost effective. Typically priced between CAN$2.79 to $3.98 for a box of 5 bars. Can go on sale for $1.99.
- Not the cleanest ingredient list – added sugars + contains gluten & dairy.
- May get tired of the flavor later.
- While this is not necessarily considered “healthy” it is certainly a healthier, lower calorie option to satisfy chocolate cravings.
- Not something I will eat on a regular basis but I have already repurchased another pack to leave it in my car to prepare myself for the days I feel like having a chocolate bar yet don’t want to feel overpowered with sweetness.
WILL I BUY THIS AGAIN?
- Yes – and already have!
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!
Considering it? Or tried it out? Did you like it? What does it taste like to you? Do share in the comments below🙂