INGREDIENTS (3 – 4 side servings):
- 1 Swede/Rutabaga, approx. 3 lbs
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- salt to taste
- Wash/scrub the rutabaga, pat dry.
- Cut off the ends. Peel skin off with potato peeler. Cut them into half inch cubes.
- Place rutabaga cubes into a large pot, add water and bring a boil.
- Then simmer covered over medium heat for 45 minutes or until the cubes mash easily with a fork.
- After 45 mins, add cashews, garlic cloves, olive oil, salt, half of rutabaga cubes in to a blender.
- Add 1/2 cup water (from the simmered rutabagas) into the blender.
Blend until smooth. You may need the blending stick if you are using a vitamix.
- Strain all the water from the rutabaga cubes in the pot.
- Add the blended mixture into the remaining rutabaga cubes (in the pot)
- Mash the rutabagas with a fork, masher or a stick blender. I used a fork.
- Add additional salt to taste (if necessary).
- Ready to serve!